Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 250 g. flour type 0 or type 00
- 150 g. semolina flour
- 4 eggs
- Pour flour on pastry board, make a bowl in the center, pour in the eggs, start kneading first
with a fork and then with your hands until you get a smooth and soft dough.
- Cover the dough with cling film
- Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin or pasta machine to a thickness of about 2 mm
- Cut out squares of 4 cm X 4 cm
- Place each square on the special comb (gnocchi board), roll it around the stick and apply light pressure to keep it streaked.
- Remove it.
- Let it dry for at least 30 minutes on a floured cloth or on special pasta dryers, before cooking it in boiled, salted water.
Garganelli is a type of striped egg pasta typical of Emilia Romagna region & is traditionally made with type 00 flour & eggs.
I add some semolina flour to obtain a different consistency on the palate & for a better cooking resistance.
Usually this pasta is made with ham and peas, but they are also delicious with zucchini, sausage ragout, saffron, speck or simply with tomato sauce.
Enjoy Your Meal!